green background

Saturday, October 11, 2008

Getting Organized?

I am trying to be, despite my various failed attempts in the past. Indeed, some of them had met with some success, but they have all been short-lived. So I decided it's time for some re-evaluation of my time. And time is certainly something I have a-plenty.

The night I returned to KL from Kuching, I took my B5 ring binder stuffed with xlassy off-white loose leaf papers, and started drawing columns and hours. I did an evaluation of my time, with my day starting from 7am (yeah, right) up til 2 am. Therefore, 18 hour days. It looks like I'm sleeping for only 5 hours, but my sleeping hours are flexible and naps are included in the days.

In summary, this is my findings:
  1. 18 hours a day, = 126 hours a week.
  2. 16 hours of classes a week, (school + Japanese lessons)
  3. 8 hours of TV a week.
  4. 12 hours of commuting a week (Am really not happy with this)
  5. Which totals into 90 free hours a week.

I have classes Wednesday to Friday only which means my weekend is longer than my weekday.

Now, rather than buying a new organizer, I went out and bought sport shorts. (I went to KLCC. After I bundled my umbrella which was dripping wet and had been put into a plastic wrap by the guy at the entrace, I started prancing forward, humming to the theme song of Doraemon. This humming to Doraemon thing has been happening quite frequent lately, despite me not watching any Doraemon since I was 12).

Well, I'm going to start exercising regularly again so I need them for motivation hehehehe. After all, exercise would only take about 3 hours off those 90 free hours. Its not a lot, really. 1 hour each session, 3 times a week. I even blew up my exercise ball again and bought two new workout DVDs. I love Denise Austin. XD

2009 organizers are on sale now, by the way. Next year I'll just get a small one. Easier to bring around. Besides, I have thesis datelines to chase starting January, ending December, so a pocket organizer is essential. I just need to write down what to do on those days and stuff, anyway.

But my daily organizer will be manually done with B5 paper and stick up the wall with blu-tack. I just need to get blu-tack, and hope they dont leave a mark on the wall. And I really dont like it when my dad has a peek at my schedule. But pfft. Then he knows what I have to do and such.

Over-planning is overkill. Therefore I like to keep it flexible. I have an assignment due next week, and exams starting November. My exam will only take two weeks. If not ebcause of my Japanese class, I would be able to go home. We just found out our exam is on the 24th of December. Though the possibility of it being moved to January is high.

Either way, this will be a busy final exam since I have to resit one paper. Sighs. This has been such a blow to my ego earlier this sem with the stupid cangkul making himself out as if he's so smart even though all he does is mumble.

That's cangkuls for you. One giant tank of stupidity.

Of course, my life cannot be all work and no play. In fact, I played a lot. Holding my little black controller and have Vaan run around in his mini top is really filling me with happiness. XD I should prolly get a new memory card. And ooh, I really want that white, 160GB PS3 now. Daddyyyy!!!

Ta'ra!

1 comment:

Farris said...

An an an, tottemo daisuki, dorae-mo-nnnnnn~!

OMG A WHITE PS3?! That just have to be smokin' hot! Just what is it with white shiny stuff... *melts*