green background

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Iroiro na Mono

Random and various things, as the title suggests indeed. I wanted to do this post last night, but I suppose Kuja was at the end of his life so he couldn't handle it. I had to turn him off last night. Kuja goes on week-long runs often, by the way, so don't worry about him (Kuja thanks you for your concerns...if any).

Anyway, about a week before going home for raya, we got a new carpet for the apartment. It took some persuasion coz I told daddyo the house looked bare without one. He said stuff about it being hard to maintain and dust and whatnot, but in the next half an hour, we were already sorting through several rugs and carpets.

Moral of the story: daddyo is easily persuaded. Just don't tell him that. xD

This is the carpet we got. It's surprisingly light, and very smooth and fluffy surface. Some sort of new material or something. Has small, round rubble soles to keep it in place. As I expected, the living room look 100 times cozier with this little addition. Of course, this picture is before I actually put it in place.

In actuality, that night we only planned to get a welcome mat for the front door. Daddyo was commenting why we (I) don't place a mat by the entrance to rub our shoe soles so the dirt won't enter the house. We had one in place before, but it got messed up a lot whenever the door opens. And it looked awkward just sitting there, some distance from the door, and when the door closes it's practically in the middle of the entranceway.

So a door mat is what we needed. One that is outside where people can rub their shoe soles on before coming in. It's practical and nice. So I got us one that wouldn't complain and would always, always smile no matter how much people wipe their feet on it. :D This, I think was taken the same day we bought the carpets. This was at the Golden Scissors Saloon, Times Square where daddyo goes for his monthly grooming session. I tagged along, naturally, and got a haircut myself.
My hair was cut short before during my July break, but it's grown out shape and I have been able to tie it up too so it needed more cutting. I had my hair washed and cut, and despite me having more hair than daddyo, his head was still foaming when I left the shop early to go shop at Borders. xD We break fast at Marriot that day. Nice stuff.

On that note, I am really loving short hair. Before I would feel a twinge of regret for my long hair, but not anymore. I use less shampoo, my hair dries faster and I don't need to tie it up to get it out of my face. I just like having my head hold all my hair up without restrainers. Perhaps I should have it trimmed and styled every three months instead of six months, eh? xD

This is in the middle of my Japanese class. I sit in the front row. I've been stuck there since my first class and I have a tendency to return to the same seat everytime, especially if its a good seat. As I've said before, our lessons are conducted kindergarten-style, with all the recycled names of Kimura, Chan, and Lee. I wanted to put up a picture of sensei but I felt like a pervert putting up people's pictures without their knowledge. Not that I've never done it before, but it just felt different this time. xD Maybe next time.



Ah yes, this package arrived a few days ago, and Miss Nadja Irene was extremely pleased with it. I mailed it the Friday before I left for Kuching (26th September). It amazed me how short Norwegian addresses are. Even their postcode has only four digits. My Kuching home address is also similarly short, but I think the case in Norway is because of their population of only 5 million xP.

Pictures are courtesy of Sasarai.

Aaah, post-workout soreness, I missed thee~~. It's a sign that I've been working hard, aye. xD I even cleaned the ceiling fan today, as part of my efforts to reduce the distribution of dusts in this house. KL air is freaking bad. The dusts are not just black - they leave a stain if not properly cleaned. I wiped away an inch thick of black dusts off the ceiling fan. It has never been cleaned before and we've been living here for about 3 years. As soon as it was cleaned, I noticed how much smoother and stronger the spinning becomes. Increased in aerodaynamics, now that the blades are dust-free?

I finished the first draft of my assignment, even though I'm supposed to finalize this draft today, according to my schedule. But sighs. Too much free time is making me lazy.

I'll have pizze tonight, and I need to pop down to the sundry shop to get water.

Ta'ra!

p/s I think I really do have the make of a domestic goddess.

No comments: