green background

Thursday, October 9, 2008

Raya

Hello.Seven days of raya has passed and now I'm back in KL. I won't complain like everyone else that raya gets more and more boring every year. In fact, I like this more relaxed atmosphere. This is the first time we celebrate raya without my beloved grandmother. I don't even have the heart to put her picture here.

But life goes on, and we celebrated as best as we could. Unlike previous years, I barely have time to visit friends later in the day because we spend so much time just hanging out at grandma's house. This year is different though. We still get our yearly dose of roast lamb and roast beef at my dad's uncle's, but we were pretty much done with families by 4 pm. That night I managed to visit three houses.
Ezra was back from Melbourne for raya and we had a rare gathering. On the second day we have our annual open house and Totchi came by, as usual. xD

Here we are, our slave and his mistresses. Slaves should be on the floor, of course. His incompetence thus far is forgiven because he gave me some gifts this year, hehehe. I managed to go out at night on the second day and visited Munee with Totchi. After staying at her house for a while, Totchi and I went to Bing, and ended up checking out this really cute employee. Yep, that really made my day. xD Our open house wasn't as hectic as before, but it was still pretty enjoyable. Last year was even more exhausting, but this year is fine too. I like the extra downtime later in the day.

I held an open house for friends on the third day, and made laksa! My laksa was gone by the end of the day. So happy. xD I'm going to hold an open house in KL too. I felt like I went on a laksa marathon for the enxt two days, because all the open houses I went to afterwards served laksa. There is definitely no better laksa in Malaysia than laksa Sarawak. We Sarawakians unanimously agree. After all, all the other states laksa's gravy were made from fishes. Eww. Ours are made from herbs and good stuff.



Then, until next year!

Ta'ra!

No comments: