green background

Friday, March 28, 2008

Spankin' Asses

This is the latest spoil of another group presentation. I see a trend here. Week by week, each group just wanna outdone the other, without caring if their methods actually benefit our education. This is mostly credited to the first group who started this madness. Now I'm being crushed by mounting expectations. Theirs was a simple gift. A mini pen. Maybe I'll show it later.

Anyway, I've been frantically spanking asses this week. I had two essays due back-to-back. But I have decided not to settle for the mediocre and not to lose sleep over assignments, so I went ahead and wrote them down. After that would I re-type them. This way I could go through them again to see what works and what doesn't. Mostly I just ended up doing minor reshuffling and rephrasing because my brain scatters info on default hehehe.

Still, work never ends. I have two presentations next week. The big presentation with lotsa frills would be on Wednesday and I could feel the mounting expectations of the lecturer burning a hole in my back. It's only after the two essays are done that I am able to concentrate on this presentation. Focus is important you know. When designing activities and games for this presentation I do not want to do it just for the sake of entertainment. It should be fun and educational. Like something you'd do to kindie kids. But it's a formula that works, so why not stick by it? I just felt that in the actvities that we did, the education part is being sorely neglected, focusing instead on just to impress people.

sighs.

But I've got some ideas now, which is good. We've been obsessing over it all week, panicked that we would not be able to come up with anything creative. We have even suggested brainstorming emergency meetings for the weekends to settle it. But now that I've come to it, I realized that we are more creative when working independently. We never could accomplish anything much when we sit down together for a discussion. Most of our creative works are done outside the discussions. The longest our discussion had been was 10 minutes. And sometimes our "discussion" is standing around outside of class, panicking over the impending assignment.

The sight of other groups sitting together for a discussion still unnerved me, as if a sign that my group work will not be as good as theirs. But time and time again, we managed to turn out better work than them, so we must be doing something right. It's just that we are not a sit-down group. Sitting down together does not make us a creative team. It makes us a panicked lot.

I have come to terms with this fact recently.

Now I am brimming with energy for our upcoming asses. I'm gonna go and spank it again now. Ta'ra! And wish me luck! XD

No comments: