green background

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Wasn't Me, Honest!

Last night, when I was on the bus on my way home from work, a couple of girls (probably Finnish, if not then just Scandinavian) asked me about how to get to Jalan Tong Shin as the bus was on its way to Bukit Bintang. I told her I was more or less going the same way so I'll just show them. Actually, only one of the girl approached me. Her friend just stuck up her nose and pretended she didn't see me. Pfft. Snob.

So we got off the bus at the station not far from Istana Hotel. I told her to go down that road *points to Jalan Nagasari right beside the hotel* and - before I even finished explaining, she interrupted me to point out where we were on the map. Her friend was already some ways away, staying away as if I had a contagious disease. The map was upside down and it took me a while to point out where we were, but then again I neglected to inform her EXACTLY where we were, because WE WERE GOING THE SAME WAY SO JUST FOLLOW ME DAMNIT I WON'T MUG YOU AND I WON'T ASK FOR MONEY RAWR!

But of course, I politely said that I was going the same way but she insisted that I pointed her out in the map. Our exact location was actually off the map, and again I showed her the route to Jalan Tong Shin. After that she said Thank you! AND WENT OFF A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT DIRECTION!

I wanted to call out to her, but her friend was already on the pavement directly across from Istana Hotel and I stood there for a while, watching as they made their way to Pavilion. I sighed inwardly, worried and insulted and just shook my head. Well, snobs lose their way. I hope they get horribly lost!

Seriously, what was with that fiend's attitude!? Do I look so impoverished that I need to stick with them and asked for money? SERIOUSLY!? MY BAG IS WORTH 500 RINGGIT (before discount) OKAY?!

This isn't the first time I got asked for directions, living in the tourist district and all. Just this weekend, a couple of middle-aged American women asked me for directions too. They came to the bookstore looking for maps and although they did buy a map, I drew them a map to Jalan Alor because they wanted to eat some hawker foods. And I drew the map all the way from KLCC to Jalan Alor. Ppfft! I even taught them how to get a cab from KLCC. Mind you, even locals don't know that!

I'm so proud of myself. xD

Anyway, we still have five sushi charm bracelet for sale over at our Snackellery Blog, plus a liquid clay review! PLEASE (I beg you) check it out!

Ta'ra!

1 comment:

Linda Anuar said...

i myself have been trying to deny this but i just have to admit it. it's your head, my friend. i got it a lot here too. but oh well, hahah, they were the ones who were gonna get lost.