green background

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

The Weekend That Be

I think barfing is just like anal sex. It is unpleasant at first, but it gets better once you're used to it. Though I've never done the latter, the former is not a stranger to me.

Last Friday I flew home to Kuching to clean my room over the weekend. I even enlisted the help of my friend before I even confirmed my flight home. Yes, I was that determined to clean my room. I even got her a ten ringgit t-shirt while I was at it. Mind you, it was a nice ten ringgit t-shirt. Yes, I was that determined to clean my room.

I arrived just before noon and I slept the rest of the day till 7 pm when I was awoken by the prospect of a seafood dinner. My uncle also arrived in Kuching and promptly landed at our house. That night he had diarrhea and vomiting. He couldn't sleep till late. I thought "too bad" that is, until I actually got diarrhea myself the next day!

I didn't get it straight away. I was determined to clean my room you see, so I picked up my friend and we started clearing things. I started going to the toilet little by little and only had the biggest crap after lunch. I thought I would feel relieved afterwards but it only got worse! I was clearing the CD rack, sitting down, yet my whole body aches while my stomach broils with watery substance. Finally my friend suggested that I lie down on the bed. I did, and fell asleep.

During my nap, my friend took time off as well, browsing through my late works of arts and other short stories I, or one of my friends, had written (my bookshelf is a goldmine for such stories). I slept for approximately two hours. And when I woke up, expecting relief, I was greeted with a pounding headache. Dismayed I could only stare at the wall stupidly.

Now I have fever on top of diarrhea! GAAAAH!

There was no way I could even get out of the bed and help my friend help me clean my room! I told her I couldn't do anything, but we couldn't leave my room as it was either. So I laid there like a vegetable while she busted her ass cleaning my room. She is a very good girl, so I only did what I could - I praised her as she went along. Okay I did overexaggerate a little, but it doesn't mean I don't mean them. Though she did reply sarcastically that she believed me. Hmmmm.

When I was mumbling she told me to shut up. When I shut up she worried that I got too sick. So what am I supposed to do anyway!? When she was almost done with my room, and she's awesome since her nose is not impervious to dust like mine, I finally found the energy to remove myself from the bed and find some medicine.

I have never seen someone so dusty! - And my room so clean! xD

That night I was supposed to go out drinking with Totchi but I had to cancel since I was too sick to leave the house. Totchi is awesome too. It was really out of a whim that I asked her to take away Bing's smoothie for me and come pick up her hairband when she comes over. I wasn't expecting her to agree, really, but I really wanted the smoothie despite my condition and she seemed bored enough to do anything out of the ordinary. Totchi came later that night, bearing smoothie and prezzie.

Thanks again for the smoothie xD. Did I tell you you were awesome?

Despite it being an eventful day, I had trouble sleeping that night. One was because my body was torn between two condition, and two because I forgot to close my window and the alarm has already been set. My diarrhea likes the heat, but my fever craves the cold. At first I slept without the aircond on since my window is open. But I kept waking up in the middle of the night, hot and restless and with a pounding head. So I just decided "to hell with that!" and turned on the aircond anyway. Yes, the window was open. I know.

I woke up several times that morning, but only managed the motivation to move a little after noon. After which I gobbled down some satays just to fill my stomach before I take medicine again. My stomach does not feel diarrhea anymore, but it still aches, either from lack of food or something else, I don't know. But I was strong enough afterwards to tutor my cousin English. Usually it's my sister but she asked me to guest tutor the day before, but I was being a vegetable (she does tutoring Saturday and Sunday). So I tutored her about topic sentences. Her essays have a lot of ideas, but lacked grammar. She can work on her grammar with my sister, so I decided to focus on her strenghts; organising her ideas. The second part of tutoring was spent talking in English. It was something that she had never done before. I don't believe her teacher had bothered much about it at school, so I hope by talking about things she likes, in English, it would build up her confidence. I was glad to see towards the end of the lesson that she was talking more enthusiastically and was trying hard to find the right words to express her opinions xD.

I'm a great tutor.

I should do this more often. Hehe.

Ta'ra!

p/s Watashiwa-san, I am verily looking forward to cheese.

No comments: