green background

Saturday, March 7, 2009

Well, Anyway

Here are some pictures from my Ipoh trip. We went to two waterfalls. This is the first one. We didn't, couldn't swim here for more than because the current was too strong after a light rain in the morning. But we sat on the rocks and ate snacks. No point driving all the way over and left without doing anything, right?


This was taken at the rooftop of a shopping complex in Ipoh. Was it Ipoh Parade? Not sure. Anyway, there arent many tall buildings around and you get an awesome view of the limestone hills that littered the city.



We just got back from a long drive from the second waterfall. We soaked and played in the water and such, and was freaking tired. We didn't change on site, just pants and underwear, but we had to do it in a makeshift changing room held up by two people and a car. We changed the rest at a petrol station a distant away because the toilets at the waterfall charges you 50 cent per entry and you still had to queue. And may I add it was a delipidating kampong toilet with hardly any plumbing!

These days I'm busy with (or the thoughts thereof) all kinds of things. Assignments, homework, my CGPA, losing weight, cleaning the house, laundry, cleaning my shoes and catching up on my reading.

And that is a lot of reading.


Or should I say my reading caught up on me? Hehehe. Surely you notice the singular author name. I am a sucker for her books. Especially when MPH and Times recently had a 3 for 2 offer on them. three books for the price of two! A sucker is hopeless against such assaults.

I don't know if it's because of those books (the characters are English, so they are always having afternoon tea) or I just found a love for tea, but I found myself drinking at least a pot of tea once a day. I can't go on without it. It's scary. Right now I'm into Dilmah tea, the only good thing to come out of Sri Lanka :P. I still can't decide which one I like better - Earl Grey or English Breakfast, so I alternate. Dilmah tea are not a combination blend. They all come from one place. Unlike other brands, like Twinnings and St. Dalfour, they are a blend of different tea leaves from all over the place. I thought it wouldnt be a good thing, not as fresh or something, but what's so fresh about dried leaves anyway? Soon I may be tempted to try different brands, but of course, Earl Grey and English Breakfast :D. Now I just can't seem to drink regular tea.


So I take my tea and snack everyday. Today I had brownies. I bought four boxes of those brownies last week because they are that good. They are just supermarket stuff, which makes it even more surprising. I have been hunting down the manufacturer since I stumbled upon it at the recent Gerak Usahawan event at PWTC. I found out that they do not sell under their own label. They manufactured it for supermarket brands. That's right, this heavenly brownie was a Jusco Selection.

So. Anyone for tea? :D

Ta'ra!

No comments: