green background

Thursday, March 12, 2009

Procrastinating, Elimination

According to Tim Ferris, the author of 'The 4-hour Work Week', the biggest myth about time management is ...time management itself! The key word is ELIMINATION, not manage more time. It simply means that you eliminate all the unnecessary things or activities and do the important things first. For someone who has too much free time like me, this is very useful. :/

Anyway, I'm writing a book! Then I'm gonna sell it and channel the money into my holiday funds! This is just the first step - I'm going to be writing more books in the future :D.

Why I'm so happy about this is because, just a few weeks ago I was so desperate to find myself a vocation. I don't care what kind of business I start - as long as I can set it up quickly and cheaply and start gaining experience from it. It doesn't matter if I ended up a failure! I would rather just start up and fail than not do anything! I looked through the craft section at the bookstore since they are so easy to do, and I read that the market for accessories sold online is expected to expand in the future, so why not? I even wished that I could draw half as good as Nadja because she made a killing selling her drawings at a convention in Oslo. Maybe I could do something like that too you know?

Sighs.

And then I realized...I'm good at writing. So why not write something? People make a killing selling self-help books online, even as complete amateurs. So why not me? And this is where my idea started from. The book was really just a joke. Some idea I texted off to Totchi when I was bored on a bus ride home from school. So far I am at a grand total of THREE pages into the book! Not bad, not bad :D. Though I have all the chapters outline. Great stuff, great stuff.

And my car is on the way. I shall call it Kurohime. Since it is black, and high-maintenance like a princess. Oh how shall I abuse it? XD

Ta'ra!

No comments: