green background

Thursday, November 22, 2007

Strictly My Observation

Despite the odds, I went and watched Stardust. And what luck too. I saw there was no more showing time today. Next I will watch Bee Movie and something else, if I have enough will to.

Anyway, I was studying SBM and just one paragraph into I was already yawning. Made worse by the thought of the cangkul lecturer who teaches the subject. I heard he received so many complaints this sem he was given a three months temination notice. Woo hoo! I hope he leaves in shame! Let justice be done.

This is the next paper, on Monday, and then I have Marketing the next day. Same subject title as the one I studied in Foundation, but 70% of the contents are more in depth. The problem with this subject is probably not the subject itself. It's fine as long as you study enough for it. No. The real problem is the lecturer who is a self-proclaim bias. He's a Bangla, hates Celcom, likes to tease (taunt) students from smaller countries , very lenient towards Bangla students and has a thing against not being able to be bias against Malay students (now that I think about it, the cangkul lecturer was also bias against us). It's as if he can't afford to be bias against us, even though in reality he's not that fond of us. Luckily for him, real Malays in the class are about...2 or 3 people, including me. The others are Sabah natives and they are obviously not Malays. And a host of foreign students.

Honestly, I would be more glad if he'd just go ahead and admit it. Bangla lecturers are one of a kind. They are proud of their race (I wonder why?). Let me give you an example.

The stats lecturer in my first sem was a Bangla. During a mid-term, he caught another Bangla student cheating (even tho it actually became 'open discussion' once he left the classroom in the middle of the test). And as that Bangla student was passing up his paper, we all witnessed him scolding the student and refusing to accept his paper because he cheated. So naturally, he failed.

So is it possible for someone who failed their mid-term to have an A for stats at the end of the semester but either failed, and were absent for the other subjects?

Man, was I glad not to see both teacher and student in the next semester.

I am not trying to imply them as racists, but my Econs lecturer was Bangla too and he ignored me in class a lot too. It pissed me off because I was the only one who knew the answers to his questions yet he insisted on asking those dark-skinned students first, regardless if they were Banglas or not. Geez if you ask me, looking at their 'condition' they can't afford to be racist.

I mean, I could understand if you want to be proud if you were Chinanese or Caucasian. At least those people had something they can be proud of. But Banglas!? Other than stinking up our busses and spitting on our sidewalks, what other noticable contributions can they be credited for? (Of course, general labour issues aside) And I have honestly approached this matter objectively, but as the evidences are basically splattered to my face, I would have to be completely blind to miss it!

Makes me so mad.

Once I went completely mad at this one Bangla student in our group. His English sucked and he handed me his 'interpretation' of his part of the assignment. I threw it back in his face (not literally but I wish it was) and gave him a big piece of my mind about it. He wanted to counter back but was more concerned about playing the 'nice guy' so he shut up and I ended up doing his part. I told him he'd better memorize the script I gave him or he's got another one coming the next day.

And during presentation, he froze. He was mechanical, but the worse was that he's reading.

I gave him the Death Glare™ right then and there. Didn't help of course, but I wasn't expecting him to improve anyway.

Little did I know he was the Marketing lecturer's housemate and he had whined to him how our presentation was 'funny' and stuff. The lecturer told him the presentation was unacceptable and he threw that back at us so I threw it back at him + Death Glare™ + a BIG piece of my mind + a correction of his grammar + an insult to his 'kewl' way of typing = A devastating blow to his ego.

Beware the Death Glare™. I often use it on cangkuls and towards people I'm really pissed at. It's convenient coz I don't have to say a word.

Either way, I am never associating with Banglas again. They can go the way of the lamers, who I'm afraid is studying hard this sem. But they still haven't realized their own shortcomings it seems. And until they realize what it is, they will never be better than me. Look at my pride talking again. Even if, by some strange twist of fate, they did, get better than me, in real life they will probably never go far.

Therefore, I must not lose to the lamers, the Banglas and the cangkuls. They can just drop dead and die. I'm repeating myself, I know. But better safe than sorry. These people are just wasting oxygen.

Ta'ra. *Goes away in a huff*

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ROTFL!!!