green background

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Resolution in Motion

Hello. Man, I really need to insert some life into this blog. I've started exercising again since the past 2 weeks or so. It all re-started after an impulse buy of the latest SHAPE magazine. The one with Kristy Curtis on the front cover. All nice and orangey xD. What I like about SHAPE is that the magazine is all about health and fitness without being hardcore. It treats every publication as if it's everyone's first step into fitness, thus provides small and easy stuff to follow and not in-your-face.

So I bought the magazine and thought, "hey, this is easy. I could do this." So I decided that I will exercise again without being hardcore and for no other reason than I want to be fit, and stronger (and look better? xD). After all, my job is physically demanding (big sister notwithstanding. I fear for her future husband. She is insatiable :P).

I decided to take it slowly. I ran on the treadmill and see how much I could handle, and after that I went back and lifted weights. I will not push myself because I HAVE to exercise. I WANT to exercise, and if I don't feel like it, I'll tell myself to just stay home, warm up for 5 minutes, and lift weights. But of course I always ended up doing more than I planned. Which is really the goal hehe.

In addition to exercise I also changed my diet. Lately I've been eating to survive more than anything. But I've had unpleasant experiences with eating 'healthy', because most of the time they don't taste good. This time around I will choose healthier options, but if they don't taste good I'll not eat it. Whole grain bread sandwich is good, and so is cereal with milk. Milk provides protein and calcium, and apparently it's important for women in their 20s since the body is still building bone mass, and needs a lot of calcium. I'm still exploring what other tasty things I could eat hehehehe.

Well I'm off to school to harrass my supervisor. Ta'ra!

No comments: