green background

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Now You've Done It!

Another ranting post. And she totally deserved it.

My cousin was so mean! Here I was, trying to drop by for her wedding, trying my best to work around my crazy schedule, and this is what I got! Observe:

I called [cousin A] yesterday just to ask what's up, and she said she's at [Aunt B]'s house with her mom. [Aunt B]'s daughter is getting married end of the year so I thought I'd confirm the date again, and assured them that my ticket has been booked months ago. So [cousin A] handed the phone to [cousin B] instead.

Me: Hey, when is your wedding again?
[cousin B]: It's at the end of the year, around early December. Are you coming?
Me: Yeah, my ticket is booked, but I need the precise date. (my planner was in front of me)
[cousin B]: It's really early December. 4th? 5th?
Me: 4th is Saturday, 5th is Sunday. It's the first week of December.
[cousin B]: Yeah, yeah, 4th and 5th, you're coming, right? I'll see you then!
Me: Wait! I think I have an exam on the 5th and I really can't go -
[cousin B]: Then ask for an exemption.
Me: I can't! This exam is held only once a year and if I miss it I have to wait until next year!
[cousin B]: Oh, why can't you just ask for an exemption then?
Me: (I already SAID!!!) It's held only once a year, and it's international, not -
[cousin B]: Just say you have something up, I'm sure they will let you. bla bla bla.
Me: sighs. It's decided. I can't go on the 5th. What's going on on the 4th then?
[cousin B]: The akad nikah (ceremony) will be on the 4th, and the reception on the 5th at a hotel.
Me: Oohh? What hotel?
[cousin B]: It's a hotel in Miri! Like you would know!
Me: (Isn't it obvious that I'm offended by the previous remark? I'm not from Miri, but was that necessary!?) ...okay, what time? At night?
[cousin B]: In the morning of course!
Me: And on the 4th?
[cousin B]: In the afternoon.
Me: Okay I can't go. So do you want me to come later or earlier?
[cousin B]: (after much back and forth) come earlier. The families would have gathered by then, even [Aunty C] comes on the 28th! (she and [Aunty C]'s family are close)
Me: Okay I'll come earlier then. So is [cousin C] going to be your flower girl?
[cousin B]: What? Flower girl!? You're too big to be a flower girl! The dais would collapse if you were my flower girl!
Me:(Offended beyond remorse)...I meant [cousin C], not me.
[cousin B]: Oh her, no, she's not a flower girl. It's not what we'd call it.
Me: Then a bridesmaid?
[cousin B]: Yeah a bridesmaid. Not a flower girl.
Me: Oh she's always wanted to be a flower girl. Everyone she's waited to be a flower girl of hasnt gotten married yet. So is she going to have a special outfit?
[cousin B]: Well that's something she will talk to her mother about. I'm sure they'll come up with something. (isnt the bride normally provides the bridesmaid clothes?)
Me: I bet they'll come up with something.
[cousin B]: So, don't forget my wedding present! You're earning now, right? I want a present.
Me: (surprised?) What do you want?
[cousin B]: Huh? What do I want?
Me: As your wedding gift. Anything I can get you? And it's not going to be my money. It's daddy's money.
[cousin B]: You're working aren't you?
Me: Yeah, and so is daddy and he makes more money than me. So what do you want?
[cousin B]: Well I don't know yet. I'll see what I need. See ya later. Bye bye. *clicks off*

Oh yes, I know exactly what to get for your wedding; a crate of cheese spray so your ass would balloon after the wedding and BREAK YOUR WEDDING BED! THAT'S IT! I'M NOT GOING TO YOUR WEDDING! YOU'RE A WASTE OF MY TIME!

p/s BITCH

No comments: