green background

Sunday, July 26, 2009

Ah~ I like the feel of clay~ xD

I thought I should share what exactly I have been doing with all these beads, clay and sushi talk. xD You can tell which ones are taken with my phone and which from my camera. So!

This is the sushis as they got out of the oven. Tamago makis and salmon roes. A bit retarded, those roes. But they came out nicely. XD



After some time with the hairdryer, and to cool, they are off into my beadbox, which is now filled with maki-type sushis.



You add these sushis with some peridot swarovskis...



And you get these lovelies. xD



I had an excess of these green and red makis, so I decided to make bracelets out of them. They are still RM15, buy one free one! Because I'm not too happy how the beads turned out, but still, those swarovskis are genuine.



The maki bracelets come in green, blue, and amethyst. So far Sarah asked for purple and I had a few pink by request. The green ones are the most popular though. I need to get more peridots!



I also make silver bracelets. The chains are genuine 925 Malaysian silver. In addition, all the clasp, headpins and rings used on these bracelets are also 925 silver. Which means, it is perfectly safe for those of you allergic to base metal. I know. Because 80% of my family members (including extended ones) are allergic to base metal.

I haven't made one that's actually ready for sale yet, but I've had a couple of orders already, since I wear the prototypes to show for it. I'm still in the middle of increasing the variety of sushie beads I have. It's easier once you have the beads ready.

There are two types of chains.



The thinner one goes for RM45, while the bigger one RM60. The end product looks something like this:



Except with 7 different types of sushi instead of just one. Unfortunately I have only 1 of the big one left, since the shop I go to get my silver chains ran out of the big one! So I have only the small one to contend with. I already made one, with pink swarovskis and gave it to sensei for her birthday.



I plan to make more and with a bigger variety of sushis. The designs are simple, really. Since the sushis and the chain speak for themselves. They will be ready for sale soon, once I make enough beads XD. I'm almost out of white.

But, if you want one for yourself, don't feel shy to tell me! The prices are as stated. Ta'ra!

4 comments:

Farris said...

Oh yeah! XD
Looking good!

I was in the mood to make some today, but for some freaky reason the mom is dragging us out for a "picnic". Bleh.

Atziluth said...

OOOH picnic...I envy your weather.

Linda Anuar said...

farah, cute! maok :) i want unagis hanging on it cause i love eels.

Atziluth said...

Ack! Unagis! I am still trying very hard trying to get that one right! It's probably much easier to make the fish than the fish slice out of clay! XD But I am always up for the challenge!