green background

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Tambi, Tambi

Tambies will be the death of me, I'm sure. I had the most disasterous presentation yesterday- even more traumatizing than the marketing group assignment I had in Swinburne. I hate it when these things happen because I have no control over the group and the assignment's content. I am a perfectionist when it comes to my assignments. If I the group leader, have no total comprehension of the whole assignment, I would not like me to be leader too. I have been leader to all my groups ever since I started university life, and it has become second nature to me. Yet I wonder if it made me a control freak. So far those people who have complained about me being 'autocratic' are those idiots who are clueless about their own material, who settled for the mediocre just to get the job done.

I do not like mediocrity. I want greatness.

When I lead, my principle is that people are not stupid. Those who do not perform are just plain lazy. They will give you a whole barrel of excuses, but the bottom line is the same: lazyness and a lack of commitment. I smite them down and put them in their place. Needless to say, I don't tolerate nonsense in my group.

That is not to say that I will not concede to another's lead. Like I did with this group of tambies, which is set for disaster from the get-go. Tambies, if you hadn't had the chance to meet this peculiar set of creatures, have certain prevailing characteristics and traits that you will encounter in each and every one of them.

Firstly, they like to hear themselves talk. That means it doesn't matter if you are right or wrong. They are always right, and only they have the right to speak at any and all time. Speaking all over you is a normal thing for them to do, because whatever you say if of less importance compared to everything that comes out of the mouth. Mind you, their words are often accompanied by a very unpleasant smell.

Secondly, they have an inferiority complex that they will not admit to, therefore will never tell you. They know dark skin is not pretty, so they want to be lighter. I could safely say they are the biggest consumer of every whitening/lightening products available in the market!

And so on and so forth. What better way to illustrate stupidity than by a story right?

So last Friday I was suddenly informed that I need to 'slide' my part of the report for a presentation next Monday, and that I need to either give it to her today or tomorrow night. I told her tomorrow night because I was not going to let some Tambie order me around as she pleases. So I did my slides. They were a little wordy, so I shortened them, and put pictures in every slide. Relevant pictures of course, because pictures are nice. I always appreciate it when my group members decorate their slides too. So I passed it up Friday night at her urging. Caroline told me earlier how she was hurried by constant SMS by the Tambi wanting it right that minute, which was Thursday night. Funny how they were lenient with me, I thought. But since Tambies are stupid...

So yesterday I skipped the morning class because I wanted to sleep in. At 12 pm Caroline went to look for the Tambies and found them still doing their slides in the library! WHATTHEFUCK! They rushed us to do our slides early yet they haven't even done their part!? See how hypocritical Tambies are!? And yet they told Caroline they were worried about me not being eloquent enough!? Not to boast, but I am more proficient than all of you Tambies put together! And even then you wouldn't even be halfway there!

Grrr I was even madder when I found out that they redid the slides, my slides, took out my pictures and left only bare text over a dull grey background. And the stupid fat Tambi had no other explanation than "we took it out" and it wasn't 'it' it was 'them' because I had at least five pictures in there!! After I saw the whole presentation I realize the reason they took out my pictures was probably because they didn't have pictures. Therefore to disguise their inferiority, they bastardized my work!!

But of course at the end of the whole presentation the stupid Datuk Tambi praised her part for the pictures and diagrams!! Yes, I wanted that praise! I never present something I was not proud of, and I was certainly not proud of what I presented - because they were not what I originally made!

And before you yell at me about how slides should be uniformed, it was! Even with my pictures they were still uniformed! Why can't my part be a little more interesting than theirs!? Why must mine be as boring and plain as theirs?! RAWR! I will crush them in the next presentation, I swear!!

After that I was so depressed I went and hung out with Khaye instead, where I stayed until midnight. I was feeling so much better after that, and for the fact that I wont have to deal with them in the next module because it's individual. Fuck you Tambies.

Ta'ra!

No comments: