green background

Sunday, October 25, 2015

Editing my Wardrobe

How many jubahs do you REALLY need??

I counted 13 in my closet but I really wear only one. I'm not the type who wears jubah everyday for work because the shop is too cold for jubahs. Mine are mostly worn for occassions. My family doesnt have a lot of parties or gathering. Not even once a month. But when the season comes, you may be looking at maybe 3-4 get togethers, parties or weddings in a month at most.

So why do I have 13 jubahs? I shall try to break it down.

1- my black jubah that I wear over my pajamas when I go out to do quick morning errands. This is the one i wear most often.

2- a lycra princess cut jubah. Last I wore it was during my bertekol. I cant remember if I wore it again after that.

3,4,5 - one each for my sister's wedding and enggagement, one from my own engagement.

6- the one Bella Ammara jubah I bought for raya last year that I havent worn since. I think I kept it as a sample for future jubahs.

7- the cotton jubah I made for raya 3 years ago that I wore mayve only once since my cousin's wedding.

8- the jubah I wore on my birthday

9- the jubah I couldnt wear for last year's Raya because I had too many clothes already.

10- the jubah dress I wore once for the family get together on the eve of my sister's engagement.

11- the jubah from this year's raya. Only one because I already had way too many clothes.

12, 13- a pink and a red sequin jubah i have worn once and never (red).

I think from now on, before raya, I need to do some serious decluttering to make space for raya clothes. And cut down on how many raya clothes I need.

Ta'ra

No comments: