green background

Monday, January 18, 2010

The Inevitable Has Come

When I bought those two Marks and Spencer PJ pants, and three half-price long sleeves I had a totally different idea about wearing them. Not the least was I expecting them to be my uniform when I have chicken pox!

Yes, you read right. At the grand old age of 22 (soon to be 23) I have finally got infected with chickenpox!

Despite getting vaccination 5 years ago too. Though I have heard that was just first-generation vaccine, and that you actually need to get shot with it every few months for it to be effective. Nevertheless, although it decreases the chances of you contracting one, and in the chance that you do get infected, yours would be a less severe case.

I am counting on that. But really, my itchiness only lasted two days, yesterday being the third day being the worst. Today I barely feel it. In the mean time I have one week off. The last time I was legitimately sick to get a week off was when I broke my hand at 9 years old. I say legitimate because I'm always sick. Flu, and the occasional fever, but being adults, we tough it out anyway. Sighs. The pleasure of infectious diseases.

Ta'ra!

No comments: