green background

Friday, August 14, 2009

Of Branded Stuff and Ugly Flats.

During the week off uitm had due to a H1N1 flu scare, Bukit Bintang had a general increase in Malay students out shopping. This scares me a bit as people start thinking I'm one of them too. This in turn made me more determined to drasticaly change my clothing style. Seriously. I did small modifications here and there, but there's still that scarf issue that needs to be tackled.

I do try to differentiate myself from these people. I wear shoes. Expensive shoes. D: Just to make a little point! I mean, you see those girls going around in their little group with at least one shoe shopping bag in hand. It's no secret that these kids spend a lot of money on shoes and hanbags, but you would think that after buying so many pair of shoes they wouldn't keep wearing those ugly flats out to shop would they!?? I find flats more comfortable than heels, but I would never be caught dead in those cheap ugly flats that's so popular with IPTA students!

I like branded stuff. I wear Skechers shoes and Esprit socks. They are more expensive, thus I can buy only a few pairs at once. But they last longer, and do not take up much space. You'd think people don't notice, but they do. They look at you a certain way, than say something like how unnecessary expensive branded stuff are when you can get a nice pair for cheap. Even though secretly they wish they could own branded stuff too :P. Oooh yes, they will say this to you today, but tomorrow you'll see them drooling at a RM300 Guess bag - thinking that it's affordable! (It's worth the price, but not unless it's a one-time thing).

In fact, I made it a point not to wear unbranded stuff. It makes me feel insecure, as if I've blown my money on something that's not worth it, no matter how cheap because I don't feel proud wearing them. Vain, I know. But that's just me :P. I don't like having too much clothes at once. I like to have a few nice clothes at once, and phase them out, and then get new ones. That's why it's important that I get the nice branded ones for these few clothes. I've learned to shop like a guy. Guys they hoard their money just to buy that one expensive item that they truly love and felt contented after just that one purchase. For example, my cousin's only purchase in Singapore was a $150 Bape cap, and my brother spent 2k on a pair of Versace shoes. It may seem like a waste to most girls, but I like spending a huge amount of money on just one thing you truly love than the same amount of money on a lot of things you like. I do both of course. If there's nothing I truly love, and I need to upgrade my wardrobe, then I buy a lot. Anyway.

I watched an episode of Anthony Bourdain's No Reservation in Saudi Arabia. His host was a female film producer. She is the only woman in Saudi Arabia granted permission to have a production company without a single man present. In Jeddah the women all wear those black robes called an Abaya. They wear whatever underneath. I suddenly thought how nice it would be to go there. I could wear a long sleeve shirt and pajama pants inside those abayas and nobody would know! I have worn abayas before during my last umrah trip. The locals don't care if you're not local. Baju kurung and other robes are fine, but those abayas are just so convenient!

I need to get myself more pajama pants! Wheee!

Ta'ra!

No comments: