green background

Monday, January 12, 2009

True Taurean

A Taurean likes stability. My slightly more detailed chart reading even revealed that I am grounded and do not like temporary things. My chinese zodiac is the same. My element is earth. Not that I actually believe these things tell the future, but I found the study of meta-physics interesting at how, sometimes you may even find some directions in life in them.

And I cannot be more fascinated by the fact that all of my zodiac readings have pointed out to one, occuring thing: Aversion to the temporary.

This cannot be more true, even before I started getting interested in astrology.

I do not like temporary things. I rather use real plates and glasses than paper cups, paper plates and God forbid, plastic! Not only does this harm the environment, it wastes money on the long run too.

I do not like temporary situations. I stay at home rather than the hostel because it's not permanent. No matter how nice decorate it, I would feel dismayed to know that it doesn't belong to me and eventually I would have to move. And the fact that I have no control over who my housemates are depressed me. I always wanted to study overseas, but that means staying at a rented place and well, that explains everything, really.

And as I've mentioned before, I am currently studying Japanese. I saw some courses being advertised to 'further study in Japan' at our language school and was intrigued for about a minute. Then the notion of temporariness overwhelmed me and I gave it as much interest as I would a sea urchin. I like how my current classes now go. Not only is the time and location convenient, but it's also because sensei resides in the country and will be around a while and may be contacted anytime. I don't have any classmates I care to hang out with outside of class, but I do care what sensei thinks of me. And since I also do not like temporary relationships, I would be the first to secure long-term connection and communication with someone I feel interesting or like. Which means, people I do not connect/ have no interest in/ do not care, I ignore completely. In our next meeting, do not expect me to even look at you. In my cellphone I have only two people from my Japanese class: sensei, and another student. And I only sms that other student at the start of a course to ask him our course number.

Cell phone numbers are first, but if that person resides outside the country, then email comes next, and of course, home address. I thought I would have no use of home addresses, but I recently found the pleasures of snail-mailing.

Perhaps I am looking too far into a relationship. Business relationships are different, of course, but when it comes to personal relationships, if I feel we won't be able to be friends for a long time I do not even bother being nice. I admit I am nice, just not friendly. These are two different things. Well, that's probably why I'm still single. sighs.

Ta'ra.

No comments: