green background

Sunday, May 18, 2008

Deprived, Yet Lives

Nah, deprived is the least of my current state. I just got back from a shopping spree at KLCC with my cousin. And she bought a lot of make up. And very persuasive at that. I fear for my wallet T-T.

Anyway, have you heard of the brand Benefit at Parkson? It's really good. Pricey, but good. Price is a good indicator of quality.

Daddyo admitted himself in hospital last Thursday due to some stomach pain (turned out to be high blood pressure again). I was woken up at 5:30 am to accompany him to the medical center in Bangsar, after just two hours of sleep and could only go back home at about 9 am. Sighs. Anyway, he checked out the next day and immediately took a flight home.

In the mean time, I slept over at my cousin's. Was pretty last minute too. I slept on the couch for two nights. But the couch was comfy and the boldster was longer than my lover. Very nice. I felt like a traitor but it's all for the sake of comfort.

I initially followed them home to claim my souvenir. They recently came back from the U.S. you see. My cousin's husband is a diplomat.

Anyway, last night was full of drama. Her friends suddenly dropped by and started bitching intensively about her ex. She talked non stop about her ex and how a hypocritical ugly bithc just stole him despite him not loving her. I was pretty much in the company of a bunch of psycho ex-girlfriends it was amusing. Turned out last night was her ex and his fiance's wedding. Details shall fall onto to the deserving ears hehehehe.

I am still in exam season, but my next papers are on the 26th, 27th and 30th so I have the whole of next week off. Of course, I have to study and make notes. But there's plenty of stuff for other things too. I recently bought a Let's Learn Hiragana workbook. I've been wanting to learn Japanese since forever. I am already en route to joining a Japanese course at a language center at KL Plaza (In August, hopefully). My goal is to take the Japanese Language Proficiency Test. I want to have a certificate to officially certify that I am proficient in Japanese you see. My goal, other than to speak is to read and write. Thus, the book. It doesn't hurt to get a head start isn't it?

I left my camera at my cousin's place so I cant upload pictures yet. Later, k?

I know this will bore you but I wanna talk a bit about my exam strategies. There are two sections. A and B. Section A is a case study and carries 40 marks. Section B is essay. Answer 3 out of 5 questions, carries 60 marks. Immediately, I went into damage reduction-profit maximization mode. I attacked the essay questions, picking out the ones I can answer fully. Then I made outlines, pouring out the content of my brains on the questions. Instantly I gained 60 marks. It usually takes more or less 45-50 minutes to do one essay question because they are that elaborate. So by the time I get to section A, I'm already in the last hour of the paper. Because section A requires reading, I do it last because it required thinking and connecting concepts. In both my papers I managed to answer 3 out of 5 questions in Section A, which means I always lose out on two questions. But that is okay.

Last semester I made the mistake of mulling over too long at Section A and not having enough time on Section B even though I know the answers. That was the mistake. You should answer what you could first. Save the hardest for last. The thing is, I wanted to answer all the questions, and I didn't want to have to go back to answer the hard question. So I spent the first two hours in Section A and ....got what I deserved.

Lesson learned.

I even prepared a notebook for all my notes, just like during SPM. I put all my notes into one book so I just have to read from that book. There's no point to study too much or too far from exams because our lecturers give precise tips. If you deviate away from the tips, you are just wasting time. 2-3 days are optimal for me. When other people say they are going away to study and you should too, they are just trying to pysche you up. Because, not that I want to brag, but I always did better than them, and I studied only like, 2 days. If not two hours. I really dont like studying. sighs.

Those people at the library for long hours are just wasting time. They just want to show off that they are studying hard. Just like during those long pointless hours of group discussions, those studies eventually go down the drain as well.

Losers. As if I will sink to your level! Same goes for the bastard doormat cangkul.

Well. I am satisfied. Tomorrow I shall spring clean! Ta'ra!

No comments: