green background

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Quarter Life Birthday 22/4/2012

It's been a while since I made any birthday posts. And it has also been a few years since I celebrated my birthday in Kuching. My youngest sister's birthday also falls on the same date so this is our first birthday together since a long time. This also happens to be Sarah's first birthday party, so she was really looking forward to her presents. Ahh, the good old days.

Anyway, she celebrated her party at McDonald's with the them of Spongebob, so all her friends are supposed to wear yellow. Of course, not everyone had yellow things to wear, but it was still amusing to see them putting so much effort to follow the dress code. Let's move on to the birthday girls shall we?

Me and my awesome party hat
Sarah and her friends. It's good to be young and excitable. sighs.

And the food, of course. Each bag contains a piece of chicken. There are fries and nuggets as well. Suits picky eaters like me best since I always have my burgers plain xD.
And you can't have a birthday party at this age without games. My dad took the games maybe a little too seriously...


 Now presenting our birthday cake! It was a surprise, apparently, because I came home for my birthday on the last minute hahahaha. You might remember this picture from this post. It is the exact same picture used. My elder sis had a copy and it was one of those rare pics of Sarah and I together.

Although I didn't get to eat my own head.
 After the party, we all went home and Sarah went to excitedly unwrapping all her presents with the (probably unwelcomed) help of some of her friends. Later that night we went out for seafood because that's all I wanted to have for my birthday. Presenting the oyster pancake!
Can't believe I've seen this anywhere else in the world but here.

After dinner I met up with Totchi at The Atelier, this bar restaurant that was set in a renovated colonial home. I played pool for the first time since I was maybe ten or twelve waaaay back at the Kiddies Club at Damai Beach. I sucked at it, but it was still fun. It was funny how everyone there had a drink, a bottle or just a glass in front of them while I had a complete tea service before me! Isn't it obvious that I don't belong in such places? I met some interesting people. Bar flies are often nice people, I was told. I just didn't dare to take pictures of myself there because I'm afraid that people will take it out of context. :P Either way, my clothes smelled of smoke when I finally went home and had a feverish, cigarette-smelling dream that night because turned out I was on the verge of a fever that became full on the next day.

Overall, what an interesting birthday! Ta'ra!

No comments: