green background

Sunday, October 4, 2009

I should Blog. Or Something.

It has been a pretty fruitful raya harvest. the harvest started even before raya where I got comissioned to add my beads to someone's bracelet. XD I've never done it before so I charged for half a bracelet. She found it ok too hehehehe.

I thought we had a lot of cotton prepared for our raya debut, but we udnerestimated the crowd a little. Before the seven days were even over, almost half of them were either sold or reserved. And yes, the depletion was pretty obvious towards the end. >_> We need to get some more, but there wouldn't be any more new stock until the end of the year. Until then though...hehehehehe.

Quite unexpectedly, I got more bracelet orders than earrings. Of course, due to my own lack of promotion. Anyway, I got a decent amount of orders during the raya holidays. Which in turn allowed me to buy more chains. I even got a new type of chain with big rings. Perfect for charm bracelets. But perhaps again, due to my own lack of promotion, the original chain is still more popular. However, I get 4 free bells attached to the chains when I bought them, so that means I dont have to charge more for bells anymore, which used to cost me 4 ringgit a piece. Uurgh.

I think I have enough chain to last me till I can next go back to Kuching. If not then I'm gonna have to send for some.

A shoutout to all my highschool friends: PLEASE RETRIEVE YOUR CAMBRIDGE CERTIFICATE FROM SCHOOL. Thank you.

I'll have more to say later, with pics. Ta'ra!

No comments: